Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meaningfu Learning With Technology

Reading this chapter made me realize many things about learning with technology.  I loved when the article stated, "Technology cannot teach students".  During my high school years, we used computers occasionally and we had a few smart boards around our campus, but  I really feel like my teachers did not utilize the technology we had available.  Furthermore, I was almost "scared" of technology and learning to use it.  When we did use technology at my high school, we were either just using the computer to watch a video, or my teacher would attempt to use the smart board (and then get mad and say, "forget it").  Moreover, when i was reading this article i was very interested in learning how to engage in "meaningful learning with technology".  Another thing that stood out in the readings was that conversation is a great way of learning.  I agree 100%, as I would much rather talk to other peers about a topic and sort of talk it through instead of just listening and remaining quiet!  I think it is very important to remember that Reception is not the only/best way of helping students learn, and that seems like what students are required to do the most (just learn by listening).  Furthermore, I thought this was a great article with many interesting facts about learning that I could easily relate to!

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely with your post about technology and experienced these same situations in my high school. When the teachers had so much trouble with different things, it often times turned the students off to want to work with different types of technology.

    ReplyDelete